在这一句型中,谓语动词 (或由动词构成的短语) 不仅是及物的,而且还要接两 个宾语,即一个指人的间接宾语,一个指物的直接宾语。通常间接宾语在前,直接宾 语在后。
例如:
She gave me her telephone number. 她给了我她的电话号码。
I’ll make you some fresh tea. 我去给你沏些新茶。
1. 一 些 动词,如 allow, deny, give, hand, leave, lend, offer, owe, pass, pay,
promise, refuse, sell, send, teach, tell 等,所接的间接宾语可以放在直接宾语之后,前 面加介词 to。
例如
She gave me her telephone number. = She gave her telephone number to me.
Can you lend us your car? = Can you lend your car to us?
2. 一些动词,如 buy, cash, choose, fetch, get, make, order, paint, play,save, sing, spare 等,所接的间接宾语可以放在直接宾语之后,前面加介词 for。
例如:
I’ll make you some fresh tea. = I’ll make some fresh tea for you.
She sang us a folk song. = She sang a folk song for us.
3. 还有些动词,如 read, write, show 等,后面的间接宾语改成介词 to 或 for 短语时, 意义不同。
例如:
Read the letter to me. 把信读给我听。
Read the letter for me. 替我读一下这封信。
W rite a letter to me. 给我写封信。
W rite a letter for me. 替我写封信。
4. 还有少数动词,如 envy, cost, fine, forgive, kiss, mean 等,后面的间接宾语不能改 为 to 或 for 短语。
例如:
I envy you your good luck. 我羡慕你的好运。
Careless driving cost him his life. 粗心驾车使他赔了性命。
They forgave him his crimes. 他们宽恕了他的罪行。
精彩评论