miss作动词,意为“思念;错过”。常用于miss doing sth.结构中,表示“错过做某事”。例如:
She will be greatly missed when she leaves.
她走了以后,人们会非常想念她!
I missed taking the flight because of getting up late.
因为起晚了,我错过了航班。
Let's have a try.
miss [mɪs]
v.
未击中;未得到;未达到;错过;未见到;未听到;未觉察;不理解;不懂
n.
(用于未婚女子姓氏或姓名前,以示礼貌)小姐,女士;(选美比赛优胜者的头衔)小姐;(称呼不知姓名的年轻女子)小姐
第三人称单数: misses 复数: misses 现在分词: missing 过去式: missed 过去分词: missed
How many goals has he missed this season?
这个赛季他射丢了多少个球?
The bullet missed her by about six inches.
子弹从她身边飞过,离她大约只有六英寸。
[V] She threw a plate at him and only narrowly missed .
她朝他甩出一个盘子,差一点打中他。
[V -ing] She narrowly missed hitting him.
她差一点没打着他。
The hotel is the only white building on the road─ you can't miss it .
酒店是这条路上唯一的白色建筑——你不会看不见的。
Don't miss next week's issue!
别错过了下周那一期!
I missed her name.
我没听清她的名字。
Your mother will know who's moved in─she doesn't miss much .
你妈会知道谁搬进来了——很少有她注意不到的。
He completely missed the joke.
这个笑话他一点也没听懂。
You're missing the point (= failing to understand the main part) of what I'm saying.
你没明白我的意思。
he hasn't missed a game all year.
她一年中一场比赛都没错过。
You missed a good party last night (= because you did not go) .
你昨晚错过了一场极好的聚会。
‘Are you coming to the school play?’ ‘ I wouldn't miss it for the world .’
“你来看学生演戏吗?”“我说什么也不能错过呀。”
You can't afford to miss meals (= not eat meals) when you're in training.
你在接受训练,可不能不吃饭呀。
The sale prices were too good to miss .
那次价格优惠真的不可错过。
It was an opportunity not to be missed .
机不可失,时不再来。
If I don't leave now I'll miss my plane.
现在不走我就赶不上飞机了。
Sorry I'm late─have I missed anything?
对不起,我来晚了——我错过什么了吗?
‘Is Ann there?’ ‘You've just missed her (= she has just left) .’
“安在吗?”“她刚走。”
[VN] She will be greatly missed when she leaves.
她走了以后,人们会非常思念她的。
What did you miss most when you were in France?
你在法国的时候最怀念的是什么?
[V -ing] I don't miss getting up at six every morning!
我才不想每天早上六点钟起床哩!
[also VN -ing]
When did you first miss the necklace?
你最早发觉项链不见了是什么时候?
We seem to be missing some students this morning.
今天早上我们好像有几位同学没到。
[VN] If you go now you should miss the crowds.
你如果现在走就可以避开人群。
[V -ing] He fell and just missed knocking the whole display over.
他摔了一跤,差一点把全部展品碰翻。
miss the boat
(informal) 错失良机
to be unable to take advantage of sth because you are too late
If you don't buy now, you may find that you've missed the boat.
你如果现在不买,你会错失良机的。
hit/miss the mark
达到 / 没有达到目的;猜测正确 / 错误
to succeed/fail in achieving or guessing sth
He blushed furiously and Robyn knew she had hit the mark.
他满脸通红,罗宾一看便知道她击中了要害。
名词
Miss
(用于未婚女子姓氏或姓名前,以示礼貌)小姐,女士
That's all, thank you, Miss Lipman.
就这些,谢谢,李普曼小姐。
(选美比赛优胜者的头衔)小姐
Miss Brighton
布赖顿小姐
the Miss World contest
世界小姐选美比赛
(称呼不知姓名的年轻女子)小姐
Will that be all, Miss?
就这些吗,小姐?
学生对女教师的称呼
Good morning, Miss!
老师早!
未击中;未得到;未到达;错过
He scored two goals and had another two near misses .
他攻进两球,另有两球也险些破门。
give sth a miss不予理睬;不理会;决定不做
I think I'll give badminton a miss tonight.
我今晚不想打羽毛球了。
a miss is as good as a mile 错误再小也是错;功败垂成仍为败
精彩评论